Afternoon walk

I don't tend to photograph the less lovely bits of my walk, but here's the view over to the railway line.


I'm wondering if this is a rhododendron or something less sinister.  If it is a rhododendron, do I go and hoik it out, bearing in mind it might take over the hedgerow if left? 


The sloe blossom is out:


as are the dead nettles,


and the temperature is just right for bathing.


I wonder what the pigs would make of the stream were they able to get to it, but they seem intent on digging for victory.




These stones, whose scale I haven't managed to convey entirely successfully despite the dog, are supposed to be the remains of a Medieval manor house.  As the site is handy for the stream, and for this valley, reasonably well sheltered, it seems at least possible.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Archibald, don't eat the bedclothes

Dick Sparrow - 40 Horse Hitch, and Neil Dimmock's 46 Percherons

The Way Things Were: Pony Magazine in the 1960s